Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Recitals

Last night we had our first of two spring recitals. I always think it's so enjoyable to sit back and just listen to what my students have accomplished during the year. For refreshments I decided to go on the easy side and bought chocolate chunk brownies and put my own fudge frosting on them. I also included mini-eclairs and mini cream puffs, plus cheesecake squares from Sam's Club. I found that if I left these frozen until right before the recital, then put them out on a plate, they were perfectly thawed when it came time to eat. For drinks I bought small pop cans in a variety of kinds at Cub. The food worked out great, the students played great and I think everyone was happy. I handed out trophies for 4 jr-sr high students. Trophies are based on accomplishing 8 items out of 20 suggestions on my trophy list, so it represents a significant amount of work. I've structured the trophy ideas so a student of any age and progress can attain a trophy in 1 school year if they work at it. It's always very interesting to me that the students who earn trophies are also those who earn other awards: state contest finalists, National Guild awards, theory exams and piano exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment