Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another recital

Our 2nd recital on Thursday, May 22, was a wonderful time of celebration of the students (and parents!) accomplishment. I appreciate so much the part of the "lesson triangle" that is accomplished away from my studio - the parents and the students. You can really see how the diligence in practice paid off! Two middle school age girls played Timothy Brown's arrangement of Swan Lake in the newly published In Recital with Duets. and I thought the sound was just gorgeous. We had senior high students who played Bach, Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven, and early intermediate students who played pieces by Melody Bober, Ronald Bennett, Christopher Norton, Nancy Faber, plus beginning students who started between one and three months ago. I truly appreciate all of their hard work that makes a program like this possible. At both recitals all the moms got a long stemmed rose for each piano student in their family that I've taught. Many moms remarked how nice that little gesture was. I read somewhere recently that the success of a music student directly relates to their mom's encouragement. I think it was nice for them to be acknowledged in this way. Many students worked diligently to receive their awards - trophies, certificates and ribbons for piano exams, theory exams, and state contest finalist certificates.

Note: A special thank you to the parents who went out of their way to encourage me! I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment