Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A lot has been happening lately and now I'm finally settling into a reasonable summer schedule. The busiest 2 weeks of May - and I came down with a horrible case of the flu. Wouldn't you know that I got sick on the morning of our Honors Concert at Northrop Auditorium on May 31st? I'm so grateful for dedicated volunteers, who took over completely and ran a very successful concert. So the VP doesn't really need to be there . . . hmm, I'll file that bit of info away for later use!

I was well enough to attend our MN State MTA Convention. I profited from many great sessions and was refreshed by conversations with colleagues for 2 days. I'm looking forward to a great summer of music making with my students. New families are signing on for summer lessons and I've chosen to use some different materials to review with beginners and transfer students that I hope will really let their musical talents shine. I have the opportunity to start a group of 5 year olds with the very fun (and brand new) My First Piano Adventure, specially created by Nancy and Randall Faber for the 5 and 6 year old beginner. I'd like to do this in a 45 minute class. So far we have 2 students who are interested and room for 2 more in the class. Rates for the 8 week class will be reduced depending on how many are in the class.

Another project I'd like to offer are recreational lessons for adults. If you are a parent of a student who is enrolled in my studio, I will offer you a free 8 week program. I'm doing this on a trial basis, so I'm only opening it to current studio parents. If you are interested, please email me mvahl@msn.com and we'll come up with a class time. The class will be for beginners only. Of course, I'm always willing to take on adult private students at regular rates for the summer, or permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment