Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hello Again

This "all but forgotten" blog is about to get some new life! The past few years have been hectic and eventful, to say the least. Everything was compounded last May 1st, when I was driving my mom and myself home from an out of town funeral. We came about to Le Seur, MN, and a semi pulled on to the on ramp at the same time I tried to take a drink of coffee. My mom had finished her coffee and had tucked my cup into her mostly empty cup, so the coffee splashed all over my face and we were on top of the semi in the blink of an eye. It was a terrible accident. We were transported to the hospital in Le Seur. When the doctor came in to see me, x-rays had already been taken, and he gently told me I would recover from my injuries, but my mom would not. She passed this life a little while later, with my brother at her side. While I'm sorrowful that she died, she went the way she always wanted. She spoke to us many times to tell us she did not want any extreme measures to prolong her life. I'm just sorry I can't talk to my mom and best friend the way we used to. 

My comfort comes through my personal faith in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I grew up with great parents who were Bible believers and took me faithfully to church, where I was taught the gospel story from the time I was a toddler. When I was 16 I accepted Christ as my savior, and have walked with Him every since. What comforts me is that I know I'll see both my mom and dad someday, and it will be a great reunion. What's more, I'll see my savior face to face. "What a day that will be, when my savior I shall see, and I'll look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace. And He'll take me by the hand, and lead me to the Promised Land; What a day, glorious day, that will be." This is the Ultimate Comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the world of blogging. I will enjoy reading your posts here; I always enjoy reading your insights & suggestions on the PA forum. :-)

    So grateful that you are OK; it must have been very traumatic, enduring that accident and losing your mother, but it is so, SO good to know that your mother (and dad) were believers in Christ, and that there will indeed be a reunion of your family in heaven.

    ReplyDelete